Shamik Das


Monday, February 05, 2007

Fairweather Floyd slams "Fat-man" Hatton

Ricky "golden boy" Hatton    Floyd "golden gob" Mayweather

"Pretty Boy" Floyd Mayweather today taught the Australian cricket team a lesson in how to sledge Poms with a blistering attack on Ricky Hatton, desribing him as a "fat man" who "looked like garbage".

"Ricky Hatton ain't nothing but a fat man," said Mayweather. "I'm going to punch him in his beer belly.

"He ain't good enough to be my sparring partner."

Michigan born Mayweather - unbeaten in 37 fights - has won belts at four different weight divisions, and is described by many as the best
pound-for-pound boxer on the planet.

Though failing to confirm he will fight Hatton, Mayweather makes it pretty clear that he would love to wipe the smile off the Northerner's face.

He said: "I've only seen Ricky Hatton fight one time and that was against Urango and he looked like garbage.

"All he can do is punch and hold, punch and hold and wrestle. It's obvious that his fights are not more exciting than mine."

As well as knocking Hatton's boxing style, Mayweather also laid into his popularity, or lack thereof.

"And guess what? He said he was going to come to America and do 5,000 seats, but 5,000 people come and watch me train every day," he added.

"Nobody even knows Ricky Hatton.

"He came over to America and nobody even came to see him fight. I could come to England and fill up the same stadium he can fill up. He ain't getting money like me.

"When I retire, I'll get Ricky Hatton to wash my clothes and cut my lawn and buckle my shoes."

Mayweather was talking to the BBC, and you can hear his interview here - though you may have to listen to it twice - he speaks really, really fast!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home