Shamik Das


Thursday, November 16, 2006

I don't bloody beelieeeve it!

"How the hell did I win this award?"    "I didn't see nuffink!"

Shock news boys and girls: Darrell Hair has been voted the world's best umpire in a poll carried out by Wisden.

I know, it's unbelievable! Either the vote was conducted before the Oval debacle, or it's been hijacked by a bunch of swivel-eyed convicts desperate for a boost ahead of the First Test next week!!!

And as for Hair's partner in crime, Billy "invisible man" Doctrove, I await with bated breath his victory in the "Best Supporting Actor" or "Best Mute Actor" category at the Oscars!

It's not all bad news from the world of cricket, however, with reports from India of a couple of schoolboys putting on a colossal 721 runs in just 40 overs!!!

"One day we'll be as famous as Marcus Trescothick!"

Watch out for these kids at the 2015 World Cup ...

4 Comments:

Blogger stonysleep said...

Darryl Hair has clearly been spending his money to get people to vote for him. Everyone knows the best umpires in the world are Simon Taufel and Aleem Daar with Billy Bowden and Rudi Koertzen coming pretty close after in my books
Mr invisible has gotten away with everything while hair has taken all the blame for accusing pakistan of ball tampering, so expect to see him umpiring a test match near you

17 November, 2006 01:11

 
Blogger Shamik Das said...

An extract from Doctrove's interview with the ICC: "Ahtowlgya, I didn't see anything, I didn't hear anything, I didn't do anything. AHTOWLGYA!"

17 November, 2006 14:07

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Calling Australians convicts now are we? Some of us find it offensive.

23 November, 2006 20:33

 
Blogger Shamik Das said...

And?

24 November, 2006 11:54

 

Post a Comment

<< Home