Shamik Das


Thursday, October 05, 2006

The truth about "Repsect"

I had a bit of fun yesterday arguing with a gang of "Respect" party members. They even invited me to their conference next weekend! Blairites being fed to the Ba'athists perhaps ...

Well, I've been swotting up on them, even more so now than before. The best link I've found so far is an article by Nick Cohen in The Observer, in the run-up to last year's General Election.

I think it should be made compulsory reading for anyone interested in politics, compulsory for anyone who voted "Respect" and compulsory for all schoolchildren.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Don't do it Sham, you will be killed!

05 October, 2006 16:04

 
Blogger Shamik Das said...

Being thrown into a vat of boiling oil, perhaps, or a bullet in the back of the head - paid for by my family, of course - a couple of Saddam's preferred methods of dealing with dissenters!

I reckon the best way to piss them off would be to do some campaigning for the Labour Party!!!

05 October, 2006 17:45

 
Blogger marshajane said...

Yuck not more blarrites on bloggers4labour.

BTW helps if you spell Respect correctly.

05 October, 2006 19:04

 
Blogger Shamik Das said...

I feel suitably chastised - I really should know better! What can I say, anger at Galloway has affected my accuracy!!!

By the way, when you're correcting someone's spelling, it helps to be spot-on yourself ...

05 October, 2006 22:02

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm yes I remember a certain Kris Brown flipping his middle-finger up at the Respect campaigning bus as it passed through Edmonton a couple years back - and I have the photo to prove it! I am keeping it nice and safe in case Mr Brown ever rises through the Labour ranks - or god forbid ever makes it to PM - and then I can sell it to one of the gutter-press for the highest bid. ;o)

10 October, 2006 14:45

 

Post a Comment

<< Home