Shamik Das


Sunday, October 08, 2006

Schumacher shut-out

Schumacher shut-out

Six years, six long years, that's how far back you'd have to go to find the last time Michael Schumacher suffered an engine failure. Oh, how cruel, how very cruel that he should be denied a valedictory Championship because of a blow-out.

Many will have no sympathy for the German, however, recalling his antics at Adeleide in 1994 when he denied Damon Hill the World Championship and his unsuccessful attempt at doing the same to Jaques Villeneuve at Jerez in 1997.

Here, watch them both and make up your own mind ...

Michael Schumacher (right) shunting Damon Hill out of the 1994 Australian Grand Prix    Michael Schumacher (top) attempting to run Jaques Villeneuve out of the 1997 European Grand Prix

Cheat or champion?

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I did an article on my blog over schumacher and the controversies. It's a shame we won't have a last race showdown. Although, if Schumacher wins and Alonso goes out, Schuey can still win.

09 October, 2006 19:23

 
Blogger Shamik Das said...

Yeah, that footage sure brought back some memories, especially Jos Verstappen's car being engulfed by flames ... scary stuff!

Can't see Schumi pulling it off, but such is the nature of Formula One, until Alonson crosses the line in Brazil nothing can be taken for granted.

09 October, 2006 20:28

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Did you see that one of my local Trotsky Respect people, I think it's a guy called Ian Burchill has put a petty threat to show a picture of me putting up my finger to Galloway to the papers when I, according to him, "become PM". I'd put my finger up to George anyday. I'd be the most popular PM in history if I did.

10 October, 2006 16:16

 
Blogger Shamik Das said...

Just seen it ... I can't think of a better camapign poster for when you're running for PM!!!

10 October, 2006 16:52

 
Blogger Unknown said...

All these trots on my blog and Kerron's blog are just giving me more support for the NEC. Nobody believes their arguments!

11 October, 2006 12:48

 
Blogger Shamik Das said...

It's insane! Trots, McDonnellites and now Fascists!!!

11 October, 2006 16:04

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shumacher the cheat

14 April, 2007 04:37

 

Post a Comment

<< Home